Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Huatulco, Day 2, finding our way around




Dreams Huatulco. That's the name of the place we are staying. And that's a view from our 6th floor balcony. I took 4 separate photos and then stitched them all together. Pretty cool!!!

So first, let me say, the beds here are wonderful. I fell right to sleep and did not wake up til 9:15. We were supposed to meet with our travel/tour guide at 9:30 am, so I sort of just jumped into some clothes and ran to the lounge. Took Kerry a full 20 minutes to catch up to me! By then, the rep had gone over all the available tours with me and I had picked out what I want to do. Since this is our 3rd time here...I was looking for something new and/or different.

We're going to take a trip to some waterfalls and tour a coffee plantation. Now, neither of us drink coffee, but I thought it was worth it to get to see the waterfalls.

There's a different ATV tour from the one we took last time where you get to go to the east of town, so we're thinking about that one and will see how Kerry's back does.

Sort of sad, but I think we have exhausted the entire supply of entertainment for this village with 3 trips here! Oh dear, what will we do? Sleep by the sea? How sad!

We started out next with breakfast at the World Cafe. Has a pond and fountain in the center of the restaurant so your background noise is just water falling. Very pleasant.




Walked around a little bit to find all the pools - there are 5 of them here. Changed into our swimsuits and took off in search of a good spot with lots of shade. I spent the greater part of the day reading a new book. It's been awhile since I had the time to indulge in a good novel.

I thought for a moment that I should write like Diane Lane does in the movie "Under the Tuscan Sun" where she says she tasted the color of purple when she bit into a grape......ok, not going to happen. But if I could describe my feelings about this place in her style of writing, it would go something like this:

I was floating listlessly in the tepid waters of the pool with the sound of waves beating the seashore in the background. As I looked out across the small quiet bay completely protected by the surrounding hills and cliffs, I saw a sailboat tumble to it's side in the breeze. Someone from shore swam out to help set it upright as the 2 boys at the helm were laughing at their own antics. Kerry was resting on the side of the pool, feet dangling over the rim, waving them slowly as he made a bit of water motion that massaged his legs.....



ok, not my style of writing, but it will remind me of the afternoon we shared here at Dreams where customer service is alive and thriving! It's an all inclusive resort....so they just keep bringing you one pina colada after another and of course I'm not at all used to drinking so started asking for water after the second drink! Room service here is exceptional. We have our own private lounge on this floor and the moment you enter, someone is there to assist you. Makes you wonder if the door is hooked up to an alarm that lets them know we are there and they just come running? Although she didn't seem to be a bit out of breath! Our mini bar gets restocked 2-3 times a day.

here's that toppled over sailboat...



I finished reading an entire book in 2 days. Some sort of record for me! We are extremely close to the equator here and are using a SPF 50 sunblock and still got a bit pink even under the shade, so will slather the stuff on tomorrow! It's been such a relaxing day today. The Sushi place was closed, so dinner again at the Patio. Tonight, we tried a shrimp dish which was excellent...shrimp in a light tomato based sauce over rice. Then back to our room and more reading. I know, it sounds a bit dull, but I am already feeling rested and ready for tomorrow's adventure!

No comments: