Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Day 9 -Monday Morning fun

We got up "early" today - 8:30! Had breakfast and were down at the pool by 10 am. Really early for us. I find it amazing...we decided to sit at the adult pool today - no kids allowed - and we were there all alone. Memorial Day weekend - is no one traveling at all? How can we be in this stunningly gorgeous resort and have a whole pool to ourselves? We've been to Cabo, Cancun, Puerto Vallarta....all the places where you have to get up at 4 am, go down and mark our "spot" with a towel and a book in order to even get a place. But here, we could have as many chairs and umbrellas as we wanted. Just amazing!



And then someone asked me about the cabana boys here. Maybe that's the problem. There are a couple of very nice gals who are very attentive and bring us drinks and nachos and other munchies.....but it's sure not the same as the hunky cabana boys who waited on us a few years back in Cabo!


One of the nicer features of all the pools here is a tanning pool which is right in front of Kerry. About 3" of water and you can lay in that, keep cool, but get sun on the rest of your body.  Of course down here, they are promoting the sun.....I don't think they worry a whole lot about skin cancer.  After 9 days here covered in spf 50, you can barely tell I've been in the sun at all.  So I'm switching to 30 tomorrow!


Yep, we took  two umbrellas today!!!

Back to our room about 2 pm. Marisol is our concierge gal and I just love her to pieces. She knows everything. Where to shop - where to get what you need. So tomorrow is going to be another adventure day and maybe even a little snorkeling.  I fell asleep again from 4 - 7 pm and then it was off to dinner in the Patio.  Had one of the best steaks I've ever had in my life.  Such a nice, relaxed evening.   I may have to start afternoon naps when I get back home!



No comments: