Thursday, April 9, 2009

Where is the little girl?

Where is the little girl?
I have lost her today
I need to go find her
And see if she will play!!!

Mom and I have been playing this morning and I made this for her friend Elaine



I laid diecuts made with the cricut and cut in regular 80# white cardstock on top of watercolor paper...and then started painting with Twinking H20s.




I decided that my frog is sick - he has the measles today....


and my tree has gold leaves.  Well - all I said was we were playing!  It's not perfect, but we did paint.

I think that tree is pretty good considering it's watercolor paints on regular cardstock - not watercolor paper!

Now, of course, the one mom painted is just perfect!  So 10 days after a stroke.....mom is back painting.  Isn't she amazing?  I will post her painting tomorrow - it has to dry first!

Who knew you could use diecuts to create 3D watercolor paintings?  Truly fun!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful moment to share,can't wait to see your mom's painting... ty for sharing your special time with us all.
Keep up the positive strokes.
{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}
lablady2007@juno.com

Lizscraps said...

JLo....I haven't been on line much taking care of my grandmother -- see my blog post today -- but am thrilled your mother is doing well after having had the stroke. Loved your Passover post-- yes it was the Passover meal and we are living in very exciting times. Communion becomes much more personal when you understand the history. In any case still LOVE your "playing" -- I hope to find time again, can only stretch so thin w/o breaking :)