Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Rejoice in something every single day!

I picked the word "rejoice" for my letter "R". The word appears 192 times in 183 verses in the King James Version of the Bible. Most of the verses are action verbs - as in a "commandment" to us to rejoice.



I liked Psalms 90:14 because It reads, "O satisfy us early with thy mercy; that we may rejoice and be glad all our days." In Young's concordance, it is translated: Satisfy us at morn [with] Thy kindness, And we sing and rejoice all our days.

I really do try to find something that makes me happy every single day, something that I can rejoice in. I believe with all my heart that a positive outlook on life will keep us healthy. That humor heals all. And I also believe that laughter is infectious!



How often do you wake up grumpy and start complaining and then turn everyone around you into a total frump? I know I can do it when I want - trust me....it really works. On the other hand, there are days when it is a huge effort to turn myself into a happy person and try to infect those around me. Now that I'm retired....I'm doing a much better job! LOL!



For this letter, I used some wood flourishes and on half of them, I added Art Glitter over paint and on the other half I just put glossy accents over paint. I like the difference. It's a most simplistic letter......but it can be the simplest things in life that bring us the most to rejoice about!

No comments: