Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Previewing a new pop-up card

OK, it's not a tutorial, but a preview of more to come.  I've had this idea floating around in my head for quite sometime now, and it's starting to come to life!

I will have to do a tutorial and show you how to cut just half a circle in the inside end of a card!


And using my nestabilities, I can layer and flip - take note above of the difference in the pink and green scallops

So, the scallops open out, then the pages open out


and then the background opens out.  Here's a closer look at the right side, top circle opens out



Again, note the change in color in the scallops.  I'm thinking of adding even more layers, more circles to open out.


And you can see the half cut - yep, I did this with my Wizard and spellbinders dies!


So I think I'll keep you guessing for a couple of days while I finish this one up and hopefully do another one as a tutorial with steps so you can follow along!

In the meantime, looks like I need to get another manicure - already!

1 comment:

Carol P said...

Ooooo, I'm thinking...two Christmas ornaments, side by side.

Carol
Extreme Cards and Papercrafting
http://extremecards.blogspot.com