Sunday, July 20, 2008

Restoring pens

Don't you just get so frustrated paying $3.00 for a pen and then it won't mark?



I had a whole pile of them last week! AARRGGGHH!!!



Well, duh! First, make sure that little piece of wax is still not on the tip. Why do they have to do that? Do they not know old women can't see? LOL!



You can just flick it off with your fingers.



But really, what can you do if the pen doesn't work but you can see there is still ink in it? Well, I couldn't photo this as it would take 4 hands and for some reason, God just didn't provide me with them! But it's a pretty simple trick. Boil water on the stove top. Bring it to a good boil, then take the pen over to the sink with the pan and pour the boiling hot water over the tip.

Let it cool, then start writing on the side of your hand. It's amazing how you can bring back most of your ink pens! Out of that whole pile, I only had 2 that I just could not revive.

Now, no idea how long they will work - but at least I have them for a little longer! And it's a lot better than just tossing them out!

This came up today as I was sharing hints of what to do with Ranger's Perfect Refresher and telling my students how to restore their old markers using that product. So I thought I'd just go ahead and blog how to restore old ink pens this evening.

Here's hoping we can get my internet up and working in the store tomorrow. We have just done back to back classes since I landed and oh! my! gosh! Has it been a blast, or what? I swear, I don't know when I've had this much fun! And after the last class tonight, Liz and i went out to dinner and we're already plotting my next trip out!

I think it involves a "shop and play", a chick flick night, more technique classes and what??? a Jammie party??? Stay tuned - more information coming as we plot and plan.

And I think there was something about a SBY! University??? Oh dear! What could that be about?

LOLOL! Don't you just love my teasers?

No comments: