Saturday, July 19, 2008

Life is good!

Well, I can’t think of anything more fun that going to see the Senior Follies with my “senior” friends! Lucky and I have been friends forever. She is the other half of me and we just have the best time when we are together!



And here is Liz (on the right) and her friend, Noreen.



The show was just spectacular! You have to be 55 years old to auditon to get in. The music director is my dear friend, Terry Hendricks – who I happened to think is the most gifted musician on the face of this earth!



The gal on the right is 76 years old! I was absolutely blown away by the music, singing, dancing....makes me feel like I have done so little with my life!



And a 93 year old woman who played the piano - so well that I got it on video. But I can't get it to upload at the moment!

I am so impressed by the fact that all of the participants in this show are volunteers. The music was just incredible. The 4 of us just laughed throughout the whole performance and then were brought to tears by the closing number.

I am so blessed to be able to enjoy venues like this, to have such great friends to share the evening with, and to know someone like Terry who is such a gifted, accomplished musician.

Life is good!

No comments: