Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Metal Clay World Conference 2009!!!

I'm Indiana bound in a year! Coming "home". Colleen is coming with me! This is just going to be so much fun - and a whole year to plan it all out!

First, we'll head to Chicago for the conference. I'm teaching and she's assisting. We'll be showing everyone how to diecut and emboss paper type art clay silver or PMC and how to quill with paper type. We are busy designing samples just for the convention. It is going to be so much fun!!!

Then, we'll head over to Indiana. Not real sure of our agenda yet except next year is my 40 year class reunion, so of course, I'm trying to get them to schedule the reunion for the last weekend in July! If nothing else, I will at least get my grade school chums together for dinner at Jim Dandy's!

The following Sunday will be my dad's family reunion. The 56th year they have done this! So we'll head down to Turkey Run State Park for the first weekend in August. I haven't been in about 6 years, so it will be great fun to see everyone again. I know - why do I wait so long between trips "home"? Well, I left Indiana in 1974. It's been 34 years. My gosh! How time flies!!! Sort of surprising that my aunts, uncles and cousins still remember my name! LOL!

Wonder if I can get in a touch of genealogy? Interview a few of the older generation that still live where I grew up? A trip to Mooresville to see where the House family settled (mom's line). Oh - so much to plan! The year is just going to fly! Hmmm.....do you think we should plan a scrapbook retreat at my Aunt's B&B in Syracuse? All this thinking - I need a nap!!! LOLOL!!!

No comments: