Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Symbolism in my life

"But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them and became partaker with them of the rich root of the olive tree, do not be arrogant toward the branches; but if you are arrogant, remember that it is not you who supports the root, but the root supports you.”



And now, there's an olive tree in the middle of my dining room table



To match my new dishes that I just love! Got them on sale at Dillards. 75% off + another 30% off that. That made the plates about $2.00 each!!! Colleen and I both got service for 8. Today I found the linens to go with them.



Hope you can see that the plates are actually embossed with the olives and leaves. Service for 8. I used to have everything decorated with chili peppers...it had no meaning...so I've decided to make a change.



Makes a wonderful table setting! There are many references in scripture to the Olive Tree and to olive branches. Sort of fun to have the symbolism in my kitchen!



Now I will have to find pot holders, dish towels, utensil holders to match.....just something to look for during my travels!

2 comments:

mkwyahid said...

Perfecto. I look forward to seeing them for "real."

Anonymous said...

Wait for me ! I'll come dinner with you. Just have to manage how I can be in US this evening