Saturday, January 5, 2008

One must eat in order to create!

I don't know about you, but eating has always been a big part of my life! Usually 3 meals every day. Once in awhile, though, I get so involved in what I'm doing that I forget to eat. But trust me, one look at me and you will know that's a rare day! LOL! We need to feed our bodies and our brains fuel so we can be the artists that we are.

Not too long ago, Kerry and I wandered into a neighborhood bistro. Nestled in between the local liquor store and a cigar shop (can I say gorgeous cigar boxes for just $2.00 each? Makes my day!) A little Italian bistro named Zamparelli's. Now, we are usually pretty quiet people when we go somewhere to eat....just order, eat and leave. But from the first moment, we absolutely fell in love with this place. And we started going back almost once a week (ok, we do love to eat out!) We are by no means on a first name basis with the owners, but they often chat with us...I think because they see us so much! I heard from the cigar shop that they were a couple of 5 star chefs who lived in New York City and wanted to "get out of town". I had to laugh. Lafayette, Colorado......slightly "out of town"!!!

Tonight, we had the BBQ pizza that doesn't have any red sauce on it, but a very sweet BBQ sauce and red onions. Oh my gosh...just divine. But then Kerry reminded me that it could be the Blood Orangecello Cosmos (yes! that is plural!) that made the pizza taste so dang good! Oh! ha! I swear...I have found a new drink....it just goes down so smooth but I do have a "2 drink limit" on this one. How do I know it's time to stop? My entire nose, cheeks and mouth go numb and my toes want to curl! LOLOL!!! I seriously do not drink....but I may have to change that statement after tonight! By the way, they make their own Blood Orangecello on site!

If you live anywhere in Colorado or Wyoming, you must stop in....at Hwy 42 and Arapahoe Road in Boulder County. Just tell them JLo sent ya and they will look at you like you are insane! Be sure to try the cheesey garlic bread with marinara sauce. The garlic soup is great as a dip for their bread. Oh, I do love their meatball sandwich and on occasion will just buy the rolls to bring home. I am not a fan of ricotta cheese at all, but they made me a calzone with just mozzarella, chicken and ham...oh! just to die for!!! I dare you to eat the whole thing...I just don't think it's possible!

I'm taking all 10 gals from my 3rd Thursday group there this month...we'll stop next door and buy cigar boxes to alter and then have a great lunch! If you are ever close by, just call...I'll be more than happy to drop what I'm doing and join you there! Of course, I have to tell you about the cheesecake. Imported from New York City....it's true cheesecake at it's best!

It's a good thing I'm stuffed or I'd have to go back!!! I should be ready to create all day long tomorrow!!! But how fun that we can live right here and experience food from New York City! It really is a small world!

No comments: