Wednesday, September 26, 2007

All about me



Well, that was a phase of scrapbooking a couple of years ago where you created a book about yourself or did a layout "all about me". I totally got tired of looking at them because it was most likely a photo of someones eyes, or one eye and half a nose....not that pleasant of a photo if you stop and really think about it! LOL!

But I did do a layout that was all about me. Literally. It was about 50 years of my bad hair...with almost 50 tiny photos of me, mostly confirming that I was born with bad hair, have had bad hair my entire life, and continue to have extremely bad hair....especially when someone has a camera near me. It's like there is some magnetic force that communicates between my hair and a camera....it just goes bad!

I thought I'd post a scan of that layout because after much giggling that turned into laughter over the badness of my hair over time...I truly think everyone should do something like this. It puts into perspective so much more than just bad hair. In one glance, I can see bad weight days, bad tan days, bad makeup days.....yep, I have had a lot of bad days in my life....most of them were days when there was a camera around!

Someone said the solution is to be the person behind the camera. But you know, I really want my kids to know what their mom looked like. And it would be nice if my great, great, great, great grandkids knew that they are not the only ones who have bad hair...that they inherited it from me! :o)

It's also a fun way to look at my life in a nutshell. 50+ years all on a 12x12 page....so even though it's about my bad hair, my bad weight, my bad makeup, my bad tan lines....it really is "all about me"!

No comments: