Thursday, June 22, 2017

Do you see what I see???

I was at Hobby Lobby and saw this sign.

 
There is nothing I like about it except the background...so off came everything!

 

I think many people will look at something, but not see it disassembled.  My eye does that immediately!

Next, I had Kerry print this tiny palette with his 3D printer.  I painted the paint colors, distressed the white plastic and cut up old paint brushes to give it a true dimensional look.

 

One of the antique shops sells cut up license plates.  You can buy any letter and make up your own word.  I used the screws that were in "ahoy" to screw these in place.  And now I have this cute sign!

 

Finally, this is going to be my "vision board" for this next year.  I want to buy an r-pod travel trailer and this will be its name.  One of my life long goals was that when I retired I would travel around the country stopping to do genealogy research.  Time to focus on reaching that goal!!  In the meantime, how fun is this sign!!  

If you saw the original sign in a store, could you see what I saw???

1 comment:

Auntie Watson said...

The answer to your question is "no". You should insure your "vision" as I'm sure yours is unique and very valuable. Keep seeing things as they can be.