Wednesday, January 29, 2014

More cute dolls

It seems I go back and forth between paper arts and dolls.  I do love both!!!  This first one is a Sweet Sue from the 1950s.  She is a walker doll so her head turns as her feet move.  She is the first walker that I have restored and she came out perfect!  I failed to take before shots, but her hair was a mess and her dress had huge holes in it.  I think she came out great!



While the fabric repair is pretty good, I still covered the front with a vintage necklace.  Doesn't she have the sweetest face ever?


Then next to her is a 1970's Madame Alexander doll that I finished last week.  Her name is "Jenny Lind".  I've decided to keep both of these little cuties for the time being.  I just love their dresses!  The Sweet Sue has her original crinoline, shoes and socks and her floral headband is original.


This little girl is another Madame Alexander doll that I found at a thrift store for $2.99.  Her hair was an absolute mess!



But I managed to bring it back to pretty good condition...




and she ended up looking quite cute.  Original dress and hat.  She's missing her shoes and socks.  She will be going up for sale here pretty soon.


I simply got so busy I forgot to take photos.  I also restrung 5 dolls from the 1930s and 40s earlier this week.  Love it when life keeps me this busy and I get to enjoy these vintage dolls!

Our local scrapbook retreat is this weekend so stay tuned for photos of what I've been up to getting ready for a totally fun weekend!!!

No comments: