Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Burlap bling bear

I found this adorable bear at the thrifty store.  No tag, so I don't know who made it.  But it is jointed and can be posed.  I didn't like the red/green fabric and thought it looked a bit drab or worn out.  I used undu to remove the fabric and take the bear away from the spool.  Undu undoes just about anything!

I wanted it to match my jars from yesterday.  I think it looks great!

I wound jute around the spool.  Added a flower to the top - made of paper, burlap, and broken jewelry. Used Tim Holtz dies on this one.  Added the ribbon around the neck with some bling in the center and bling sprays that I picked up in the wedding section at Hobby Lobby.  Used a low temp glue gun to reattach the bear to the spool.

Still thinking about what's next to go with this little "dust catcher" scenario!  Sure is wonderful to have the time and ability to just play!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love everything here :) :)