Friday, January 3, 2014

Celebrate!

Celebrate 2014!!!  It's going to be a wonderful year!  Tickets to Israel are booked and I'm so excited.  I'd like to lose a few pounds before we go and I find I do that best if I write down every single bite that I eat....but I certainly do not like the cover or the colors of this little journal I found.


But my altered result below?   I could pick this up and look at it every single day!  This month at Backroom Babes, I'm teaching "pockets, tags and envelopes" so I decided that the front of the journal should be covered in just that.  Note, there's a clear acrylic cover open to the left (it just wouldn't photo) but it's there to protect my front page.

These tiny pockets are filled with my goals and thoughts for the year.  A great way to keep them tucked away, yet close to my daily journaling.


Tons of stickler glitter - not sure you can see it at all.

Here's a shot with all the tags, etc, pulled out.  I used Graphic 45s new paper - Sweet Sentiments.  I'm not so pleased with all the holiday sentiments, but I think I did a pretty good job of covering them up and making this a vintage journal.






And I love how the back cover came out!




This might be the fastest journal cover I've ever done!  Just about an hour.  Slide out the spiral binding, cut and adhere paper to the existing covers.  Cut the front acrylic cover.  Punch out all the tags and envelopes, adhere to the front cover.  Add stickler and let dry overnight.  Got up this morning and ran the spiral binding back through the end.  With all these new punch-out embellishments you really don't have to do a thing to create something this pretty!

Now....can I keep at it for the 120 days in this journal - writing down every bite I take all day long.  Hmmm.....maybe I should have done something a bit thicker!  :o)

No comments: