Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Cards made at the Abbey scrapbooking retreat

I promise that next time I'll take photos of all the other gals playing.  And the food.  And the rooms!  I was just way too busy this time!  So I made the 2 cups, the entire journal and still had time to make all these cards....mostly with leftover scraps.  I dearly LOVE the Julie Nutting stamps by Prima.  Again, you can order these by calling Design U'R Memories at 719-275-2526.  Tell them "Jenny" sent you!

We did the background for this first one in a make-n-take using Viva inks.  And I added the denim diecuts which I covered in stickles.



I won the ribbon on this one in one of the give-aways.  Her dress is glitter on scrapbook paper.


Judi from the Stamp House brought us each a goodie bag and I made these cards from items she gave us.

And, of course, I had to try one of the Prima dolls with a denim and lace dress, shoes and headband.  I really want time to make more of these paper dolls - I just think they are so adorable!!!


I stayed on campus this time so I could check out the rooms.  1970s style dorms which brought back a ton of memories from my year at Bob Jones University!  Not bad at all.  The swamp coolers kept it very comfortable all night long.  It was so quiet, I slept well.  The mattresses were just fine.  They provide sheets, blankets and towels, bar soap, kleenix.  So you really only to bring your personal stuff which made packing very light (for the bedroom - not the crop room!)

There's also this guy who schleps all your stuff from your car to your spot in the crop area!  I took my chair this time which really helped my back.  I had 4 totes, my suitcase and 2 other bags. It was so nice to have him take it all in and then take it all back out to my car!  And that's included in the price of the weekend!

Considering that my creative juices were really flowing - the weekend was a huge success!  Sure hope you can join us on 1/31/14 when the next one starts!  



No comments: