Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Eight Nights of Lights 2011 - Night 8 - Penance

Tonight's topic is Penance - thinking reflectively about your life's path--and what changes you might want to enact. 

Penance is defined as a feeling of regret for one's wrongdoings. 

The Psalms tell us "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."  And only as I have aged have I learned the true meaning of that statement.  It is only as I study scripture that my path is illuminated.


Tonight's video is so much fun.  I'm showing you such a simple easy way to make gorgeous tapers!




Kathy was here today and we hung a hat rack on the wall for the tapers.  I think it looks great under this oil painting of the Western Wall that mom did back in 1985.


These are full 12" purple tapers

These are the pink - full and the creme 6" tapers that I made in the video


The glitter isn't photographing very well....but they are completely covered.


Pink glitter over pink wax

Now, for this last pair I did an interesting experiment. That broken brown beeswax in the video....I used it to cover a pair of candles and then poured turquoise glitter over the brown wax.  They came out looking more like a pine color - but they sure are beautiful!!!  It took a 3" wide strip of beeswax to go around the candles.  I melted it very soft.  Worked great!



Every year, on the last night, I share my favorite Hanukkah song.  In Exodus, it indicates that there were about 3 million Israelites who left Egypt. And it tells us that they sang a song unto Jehovah. They sang in unison.  Without knowing ahead of time - the greatest outpouring of the Holy Spirit ever!  Now, can you fathom a choir of 3 million people singing in the desert?  I went to the desert in Israel.  And I sang this song while I was there.



Make my life Your temple
L-rd at this season start
To pull down every idol I have raised up in my heart

On this Chanukah
On this Feast of Dedication
I dedicate myself to You

Take my defiled altar
Come and cleanse and come repair
So every time I falter I can run to meet you there

On this Chanukah
On this Feast of Dedication
I dedicate myself to You

And with every candle on the menorah
That illuminates the night
Comes a prayer You'd kindle
In me, Yeshua
A desire for Your fire, for Your light

Make of my mortal body
A house worthy of Your name
Rid me of what's ungodly and every hidden thing of shame

On this Chanukah
On this Feast of Dedication
I dedicate myself to You


And with every candle on the menorah
That illuminates the night
Comes a prayer You'd kindle in me, Messiah
A desire for Your fire, for Your light

Take my supply of oil
Not enough to burn long I fear
But, oh, how I pray I may one day say,
"A great miracle happened here!"

On this Chanukah
On this Feast of Dedication
I dedicate myself to You
My Yeshua, I dedicate myself to You.


by Marty Goetz (he played in Denver this morning and I had the thrill of hearing him live!!!)

Hanukkah - my Eight Nights of Lights. Jehovah Jesus Messiah - the Light of the World. This is my way of spreading a little light into the night. I hope you have enjoyed it all. May Jehovah bless you richly in the year to come.

No comments: