Friday, October 29, 2010

We planted a tree

I was going to post a photo of a huge oak and tell you that's what we planted, but I figured I couldn't get away with that at all!!




We could plant oak trees or shrubs. This is my oak. If I can figure out how to do it, I should have gps coordinates on my camera and locate this tree next time I go back!





It's planted in the middle of towering pines



That look much like this from the road.


Our guide explained that JNF plants trees to both preserve the land for future generations, to preserve the land, and to keep others from claiming the land.

All I can say is that there are beautiful forests all over Israel, 2.5 million trees planted to date. Ezekiel 36:35. This land that was desolate is become like the Garden of Eden....amazing prophecy being fulfilled in our lifetime, right before our eyes.

No comments: