Saturday, August 8, 2009

Art glass

I just love a happy ending! I picked up all my glass from my class this week....and totally love the results. I truly love slumping!

And my first piece turned out perfect!!!

I had no intention of using this glass frame as a base for the slumped piece...but it turned out to be the perfect size for that....so I doubt this gets used as a frame!

And this is not dichroic glass...but a dichroic water slide that was fired between 2 layers of glass. Sure looks like dichroic!

We made these by mixing water and powder together, placing that in a mold, freezing it, then putting it on a kiln shelf, letting it dry out, then firing it. A perfectly awesome technique!!! Wonderful shaped glass!

This is painted glass with dichroc slide and a black & white slide on layers. Just amazing what you can do with tiny 2" pieces of glass - make your own collage!

Did a pretty good job of replicating dichroic glass using dichroic slides. I'm going to have to try a few more ideas on this one!

This was done with layers of fiber paper and frit. Again - amazing technique!

My goal for next week is to get the basement back into some kind of order so I can find a path to the kilns and start firing glass here. Can hardly wait to play...but gotta clean up the mess first!

No comments: