Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Transparency art

This is just pretty cool! Emboss a transparency inside a cuttlebug folder:



Pounce alcohol inks all over it. I used Stream, Cranberry and Lettuce. Let that dry a couple of seconds, then rub the jet black archival ink pad across the top. The black ink will stick to the embossed letters and turn them black:



Next, take a cigarette lighter and singe the edges. They will turn black, no need to worry about inking them. Adhere to cardstock using glossy accents.



And the more you play with different colors of alcohol inks and archival ink pads, the more fun you will have!

1 comment:

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Hey! The text on your transparency has it so right: "WOW!" and "gracias" for a technique that just ROCKs! I was thinking of you the other day and looking for your site (I lost my delicious when I upgraded firefox and there was a compatibility problem.) I am following you now & have to get me some wonder goo!) Hugs, :O) Mel