Friday, May 2, 2008

Oh my gosh!!!

Wait til you see what I did in a single day! Today was Pre-National Scrapbook day at Scrapbook Your Life! And I decided to demo melt art and embossing techniques. So, I truly had no idea where I was going with this, but I demo'd from 10 am - 5 pm. Then taught a class from 6 - 8 pm. Then sat there and put together little cards from the stuff we made today.

It's days like this when my brain just completely amazes me. I truly don't know where it comes from...but it sure is fun!!!

One of the girls wanted samples using my stamps, so I started with Lucy....and I like what I got!



For the crown, we made a mold from a charm, used Platinum UTEE and then colored it with alcohol inks. Of course, a little bling doesn't hurt either!



But her glasses are just too cool! Another mold from a little charm. Used AI with clear UTEE to get a trunsluscent mix for these. So Lucy truly has "coke bottle glasses"!!!



We did silver holographic EP to outline this Lucy....it truly does bling. Painted with twinkling H2os, popped over a matching EP stamp on the background.



Painted her dress, then covered that with GA.



Copper EP to outline the angel. The flower is a Spellbinders diecut in shrink plastic, melted in a pot filled with platinum UTEE. Totally cool!



We shrank lots of diecuts today...colored them lots of ways.




And we did some beeswax collages. White beeswax. Inked. Papers from the store and a doll pattern piece.



Stamped the angel's wing into the wax to get some little swirls




The little paper flowers are perfect for this. The fabric calilillies really stand out



And for the next collage, I started with a napkin. Isn't this just a gorgeous napkin? I wanted to do something with it the moment I saw it!



And here's what I came up with. Twinkling H2os, over canvas board and heat set. Then wax. Then 3 layers of the napkin, one over the other, collaged with beeswax.



Swirls stampet into the wax over the flowers....just love this technique!



Finally, spellbinders flowers cut in red-liner tape. covered in glitter, layered on a card. What bling!!!



My friend, Judi, at A Stamp of Excellence in Canon City Co, made this stamp for me. "It is a happy talent to know how to play!

I swear....that is just a perfect saying for me! LOL!

So, did I play hard today or what? I think it was a really good day! But I really cannot believe that I made all of this in one day!!!

I can barely wait for tomorrow! National Scrapbook Day! I hear the girls are planning to line up outside the front door at 6 am. The first 35 get a goodie bag. Ok....I've seen the goodie bag! I WANT one! LOL! Like I need anything else? NOT! But what fun!

I plan to get there about 7:30....and I'm going to go in the back door, fill my cart to the brin, walk up to the front window and "show off" my "purchases" to those standing in line waiting to get in. I think I'd best put some kind of sign on me....something that says "JLo - troubled child!"

Hope to see you out front in the morning!

No comments: