Wednesday, April 23, 2008

High Style

Doing something in high style....well, stick with me and at the end, I think you will agree...this is "high style"

This book is made using 25 # 10 manilla tags. You can search this blog for instructions on how to make the folds. The measurements are:

8.5" x 4 1/8" tags. Cut 7 tags 6.5" x 4 1/8", punch holes on one end. Cut 6 tags 5" long, fold in half, punch holes on the fold line. Cut 6 tags 7.5" x 4 1/8", fold in half. Last 6 tags, fold in half (no cutting needed).

And then I used 2 sheets of paper and 2 sheets of tags. All from Graphic 45. Great stuff!



I'll be showing a quick, easy way to ink any white ribbon to match your pages:



and how to make your title and sentiments from your paper:



Yes, another bind-it-all star book! I like the basic concept of monochromatic....but bringing in additional color into each section:



Taking elements from the 4 sheets of paper, we will ink them to match our background. Lots of pockets and tags....that you can take home and add your stories and photos to:



"make today excellent". I believe that in order to live in "high style"...you can be financially poor, but if you have "rules", no one will know that you don't have money.



Fired Brick ink on manilla....yummy!



"tell the truth" - always a good rule!



Spiced Marmalade. Makes me hungry!



"be a doll" - so many meanings, so many ways to do this in life!



Mustard Seed ink. I swear, you can make anything match!



"care and love". You can't make a better rule than this.



Peeled paint ink. Aren't these women grande?



"require the facts" - another good rule to live by



Broken China ink, my all time favorite!



"live strong" - need I say more?



"do insatiable good" - I thought that was a great ending for the back of the book.



So, manilla tags, ink and 4 sheets of paper and tags, about a yard of white ribbon....amazing what you can do with not much at all! Well, I did use the Scor-it to make the folds, and the Bind-it-all for the center spin. But you don't "need" those...I'll have mine at the store to share!

If you live in southern California, this is my class this Sunday afternoon at Scrapbook Your LIfe! Come join us!!!

No comments: