Thursday, December 13, 2007

Mariah's Journey

Some days, you get a note, or a phone call, hear from a friend.....and the news is just so wonderful you want to scream to the world!

So instead, I will blog!

My friend, Mariah, is just 16 years old and had surgery 2 days ago to remove her thyroid which had a tumor attached to it. I just received word that there is "no cancer"

And Mariah's mom asked me to write her a poem, so here it is:

Just 2 tiny words
"no cancer", I read
My heart felt a leap
"Praise Jehovah!" I said

A spring in my step
A song in my heart
I feel like dancing
And making new art!

Mariah's journey
Cancer free today
Stay that way always
That's what I will pray

Praise Jehovah now
Always - forever
Keep the tumors gone
Wrap your arms 'round her

Just 2 tiny words
Turned our day to glee
And here's that poem
For you, just from me


Oh! I am so relieved, so happy, so thrilled.....so grateful to Jehovah for all that He continues to do, for answered prayers and for friends like Mariah who keep me young at heart!

Click to read Mariah's Journey

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're poem has touched me more than you could know. I dont have dry eyes right now..........

Lizscraps said...

wonderful news about Mariah, and your poem is perfect.