Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Workbox3.0 magnetic panel review (and my stamp storage system)

Ever have one of those "duh" moments in life?  This was another one for me.  LOL!  When I picked up the Workbox3.0, I said I didn't need the panels.  Of course I did!  What was I thinking???  They arrived today.  Super easy to put in.  Perfect fit.  I am really glad that I ordered 2 sets - 1 set per door.



The center seam is barely noticeable.



Right side panel - went on just as easy.  And, as you can see, I loaded them up completely and STILL have 5 sets of dies that didn't fit!  YIKES!

And just look at all my old spellbinders nestabilities.  I have one of their "mystery" dies left from my Design Team days.  And I still have some of their very first dies in the squares. I still use their Hanukkah dies from 2005.   Also a few of the first Quickutz dies.  How great is it that the dies now come in individual shapes?  I sure save on my paper!


I think I will love this.  Dies are easy to see, not hidden away.  I might actually use them a little more often.


And this will be the normal view as the dies are on the outside of the outer doors.  Easy to access, easy to hide.  Love it!


So what about those 5 sets that just didn't fit?  I kept out the dies that have matching stamps.  I'm using the new Sizzix envelopes that have magnetic panels that fit inside.  And - bonus, they fit in the storage boxes in that very center column.  Did they plan this?  It certainly works!!


I'm using the 5x7 envelopes - available at hobby lobby.com - come in a 3pack.  The panels are also on their website.  The white side is for cling stamps -



The black side is for dies.  Perfect for sets.


And you can get several sets into each container.  Yep, I have way too many stamps (and dies)!  


For my longer stamps, i.e., Julie Nutting dies, I use the 6x9 sizzix envelopes and I cut the panels from 8.5x11 cling sheets from Crafter's Companion.  They all fit nicely into one of these same storage bins.  

I don't have a lot of the larger stamps, so I was able to stuff other things in this bin as well.  I just love it when different companies work together to make crafty organization so easy!



I use this for all my unmounted stamps - if there are no dies, I just cut up the cling sheets to fit either the 5x7 or the 6x9 envelopes.  

Did you find time to play today?  

JLo:)

1 comment:

Peggy said...

WOW that is great and I am jealous you are so organized. Trying to figure out how I could find room for a Workbox! Thanks for sharing.