Monday, February 20, 2017

Back to blogging

I am heading to Israel on March 1 and will be spending 5 1/2 weeks there.  In the past 3 years, I have been posting my adventures and my art on Facebook.  But it's time now to get back to blogging!  So the next few days I will be testing posting from my iPad and getting things set up and ready to go.

About 7 months ago, I decided to take watercolor painting lessons.  Mom was an amazing artist.  I will never paint like her and perhaps, I don't want to.  I have long thought I needed to find my own style and I also realize that a style can change and evolve over time.

For now, I have settled in on "scripture paintings".  A combination of watercolor with scriptures penned in them.  My first one was a bird soaring through the air and I still love it!



but they that wait for Jehovah shall renew their strength: they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary, they shall walk, and not faint.  Is 42:31 (which happens to be my life verse).


Then I added scripture to the folds of this dress:

"I will greatly rejoice in the Lord. I will delight in my God. He has dressed me in garments of saving health. He has surrounded me with the robe of righteousness." Is 61:10

Today, I did a skyline of Jerusalem:


and you can see that I have penned Ps 122 6-9 around the top of the skyline.  

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: They shall prosper that love thee.  Peace be within thy walls, And prosperity within thy palaces.  I will now say, Peace be within thee.  For the sake of the house of Jehovah our God I will seek thy good.
I think those verses are so important to me right now.  God has promised that if we pray for the peace of Jerusalem and if we LOVE Jerusalem - we will prosper.  I have surely prospered time over time these past 12 years since I started traveling to Israel.  But I don't think I actually loved Jerusalem until 3 years ago.  I can hardly wait to return.....9 more days!

No comments: