Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Denim country journal at The Abbey Scrapbooking Retreat

First, I have to tell you about the food at this retreat.  WAY TOO MUCH!!!  A complete 20' long candy bar that they kept stocked the entire weekend!  I will not eat anything with sugar in it for a whole week!!!  The meals are included in the price and they are amazing.  I understand they are prepared on site by the Abbey's kitchen.  Well....you'd think we were at a 5-star restaurant the whole time!  The Chocolate Lasagne may have been my favorite, but I really liked those sandwiches we had.  The stuffed waffles were amazing - I will have to take photos next time!

I started out the weekend making this journal.  I had finished my denim towels last week and had pockets leftover.  Then I went to a garage sale and picked up some little kids denim shorts for 50 cents each and just wanted to play!

Sizzix dressform diecut and the flowers are another Sizzix die.

Bo Bunny paper - with loads of stickles all over it.  Made pockets that things can go down it.  Used my white pen to outline some of the items on the paper.


If you want to do this - you'll be cutting out a lot of the elements in the papers and putting them on other papers - something I truly enjoy doing.  But I know there are those who don't like to cut things out!


But when you take the time to cut the elements out - you can create whole new looks.


Lots of distress inking with faded jeans and vintage photo...


This one will go for sale in our new space in the Marketplace Shops.  It's ready for you to simply add photos and words!


The page on the right is actual denim.  On the left, I did a lot of doodling with my white pen.


and my favorite page - the chocolate page!  I may have to do this page in every journal I make - simply because you need a little chocolate in every day!



I had fun putting this together the first afternoon - it was an easy way to get into a creative weekend!  And easy to do while chatting with all the other gals.  Thanks to everyone for making this such a fun weekend!

If you want to order this paper, you can do so by calling Design U'R Memories at 719-275-2526.  We are truly blessed to have both a scrapbook store and a stamp store in this little town!!!

No comments: