Monday, September 17, 2012

What was that I just wrote......

about rearranging life?  Oiy!!!

Kerry's mom passed away unexpectedly Friday night.  We were completely unprepared for that.  But I have to confess, I'm prepared for just about anything.  We were packed and out the door and on the road in 45 minutes.  I don't know why, but I have an emergency list in my head and I keep a travel bag packed with essentials.  Puppy travel bag is always packed.  I just grab and go!  Literally what I did.

We were in Kingman AZ 12 hours later.  She had a massive heart attack.  And my own mom is quite ill and on hospice.  It's hard being here when I want to be there.  But I am probably needed more here at the moment.

No idea what the future holds for Kerry's dad.  We are taking it one day at a time.  I will fly back home this weekend to attend to some business and then back down here next week for an indefinite stay.

Perhaps this blog will now review restaurants in Kingman AZ?  I thought I'd pack some watercolor paints.....maybe I'll paint a little down here.

I've learned a couple of things this week.  Mom told you to put on clean underwear every day - for a very good reason!  You never know when you are going to be taken to the hospital.

You could be walking around the corner of the bed, have a massive heart attack, and never come back. Are you ready for that?  I'm not!  But I think perhaps I'd better start thinking of ways to get ready!

And keep your house clean.  Mine isn't.  And I dread the thought of anyone going in there.  So I will be cleaning this weekend for sure!

Keep an art bag packed so you can grab it when you need to go as well.  I'm lost at the moment, so I picked up magazines in a local bookstore.

All I can say that life is certainly interesting and just doesn't seem to be slowing down at all.  Kerry and I know that we will do this a few more times as other parents pass away.  It will never get easier.  But perhaps the next time, we will be a bit more prepared.

No comments: