Friday, September 17, 2010

The night before the sale....

Twas the night before our sale
And all through the house
not a dustmite was stiring
not even a blouse

(yes, lot's of clothes for sale!)

The jewelry was hung on the pegbard with care
in the hopes the shoppers would soon be there
The buyers are nestled all snug in their beds
while visions of great deals dance in their heads

(oh my - do we have deals!!!)

The artists in their nighties and me in my cap
have everything priced and are ready to nap.
When all of a sudden my brain went a clatter
I sprang from my bed thinking "what's the matter?

(You know, this happens on a fairly regular basis at this age!)

Away to the basement I ran like a flash
Tore open the drawers and found some more stash!
The moon is out and we're praying "no snow!"
We're pricing more stuff - last minute, you know!

(How can anyone one person accumulate so much?)

When what to my wondering eyes should appear
But 8 more boxes of stuff - oh! my dear!!!
With my trusty sharpee, so lively, so quick
I priced all the goodies- I must be sick!!!

(Well, no one will question that!!)

so laying a finger aside of my nose,
and giving a nod, up the stairs I rose
I'm going to sleep - it's all ready - it's alright
Happy shopping to all...and to all a good-night!!!

(See you at 8 am tomorrow!)




No comments: