Saturday, May 8, 2010

Patience, child.....patience!!!

I had forgotten how impatient kids are! And how much fun! Ali and her friends made wonderful pendants using Friendly Plastic and then we covered them with a layer of Glossy Accents. Of course....they wanted to touch them before they were dry. They wanted to pick them up. They wanted to hold them. LOL! Kids just do not have an ounce of patience these days.....not that I have any myself!

One afternoon we simply "painted" white plastic with alcohol ink and pinata inks. We blew ink on the plastic with straws. We used paint brushes and made our own designs. Keep in mind, these are 11 year old girls. I photographed the ones that I liked the best - they made tons.


We took our scrap plastic and inlaid it into the blanks.

I had cut up a ton of strips before going down and the girls did some great inlay work as well:

And I showed them how to "smooch" ink. It's a little blurry, but I think this is my favorite pendant of all.

If you've lost your creativity, just call a group of 11 year olds over to play. Sooooooo creative! So cute, clever, and just fun to spend a day with.


No comments: