Friday, July 31, 2009

Fine Silver and Friendly Plastic

Because I taught diecutting paper type metal clay at MCWC.....and knew I was coming to Linda's this week....I decided to spend the week playing with metal clay and friendly plastic. While at Amaco, I picked up a sample of some of the possible new colors of Friendly Plastic. The first one is a silver holographic piece - next to the current silver:



What is rather cool about this is that it reflects the color around you. So this is the very same piece...just changed the location where I took the photo and it looks blue now. What do you think about all the tiny little circles? The "appear" to "move" as you move the piece. Too cool!


It loses most of the circle effect when it's heated. The new is on the left. The original silver is on the right. At first I didn't think I'd like it when heated, but after doing this comparison....I totally LOVE it!!! It just looks like I put a ridge of stickles glitter around the piece!


This is the "new" blue. The photo just does not do it justice. I love this piece! So here's what I did to it. Stamped with black stazon ink. This is a MSE stamp. Then used a white pen and added all the white dots.


This was done on the new "green" - ok, I have no idea what the colors are going to be called. Linda had inked this piece, I added the stamps and white ink to it.


While those pieces are stand-alone cool.....you know us, we had to one-up them! This is fine silver, inked, and embedded into the Friendly plastic. Linda is pouring envirotex on it and I will turn it into a pendant when I get home. Just wanted you to see where we are going this week. We are taking Friendly Plastic to the next level by adding fine silve elements to it......but you can do the very same thing with Amaco's pewter and I hope to show you that in the next few days!



I added the dolphin and seashells on the green.



It's so hard to decide which one I like the best! Can't wait to see how they look when they get turned into pendants or pins! Don't you wish you were here playing with us??? We really are having a marthon play session and it all ends tomorrow when I head back to Colorado.

No comments: