Sunday, November 16, 2008

Coiling Gizmo - Product review

I've had this so long I can't remember where I bought it, but I finally decided to play with it this week since I'd been making ornament hangers:



You can see the website here.  It makes an absolutely perfect coil. Great for 26 and 28 guage wire.


You can make this as short or long as you want.



It clamps onto anything.  And works quick and easy.


I simply shaped a piece of heavier guage copper into a shape


Then slide the coil on top of it.



Cover as much or as little of the wire as you want.....


Should make some fun ornament hangers!



Just google "coiling gizmo" and several sites come up where you can purchase this. This necklace used a similar technique and would have been so much easier if I'd had the coiling gizmo back when I made this one:



I'm thinking an updated version with fun little charms hanging from the coils would be quite fun!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This thing is SO awesome. I need to get one too! :)