Thursday, September 4, 2008

My funny for the day!

On our way up to Julian, we stopped to get Velta some eggs. Ok, I thought perhaps a couple dozen eggs. But no....she had ordered 2 flats of 3 dozen each....that's SEVENTY TWO eggs!!!



When is the last time you even thought about using up 72 eggs before they went bad? Well, this woman bakes it all...from biscuits to pies and everything in between!



And just look at her stove. Is this gorgoues? It looks like an antique wood burning cook stove, but it's brand new, with electric burners on top! So cool!



No....it does not make me want to take up cooking again! LOL! But I'm amazed that anyone today still orders 72 eggs at a time! Just so much fun!

****

Classes are going so well, and just so much fun. I lay my head on the pillow every night with a huge smile just recalling the fun moments throughout the day. There are some wild and crazy artists in San Diego.....and some fantastic card makers! We sure had fun yesterday with our little "who can make the most cards" class. Now, if you were in that class and you make more than 8 cards, send me a note as I forgot to give you the prize for the most!

*****

I think tonight I'd best have scrambled eggs for dinner!

No comments: