Friday, December 29, 2017

A denim paint bucket for painting class!

Do you ever have one of those moments when you look at something that's been sitting around forever....and the lights go off in your head?  This was originally a green and black 1 gallon bucket cover....used for gardening.  And in my head - I saw it in denim!  Sorry that I didn't take a photo of the original....I took it apart and used it as the pattern for this one.


When you have something that you can use as a pattern, it's pretty quick and easy to re-make it.  And I already had the denim edging which helped.  Can you see the pockets down inside?  It's a sleeve that slips around the bucket and folds down inside.  So it will come off and can be tossed into the washer and dryer when it gets dirty.




And the bucket just happens to have a lazy suzan on the bottom so it will spin around for easy access to every side/pocket.   I've filled this up with paint supplies as I have a new watercolor class starting in a few weeks.  A paint bucket for painting!!  LOL!!   I'm always looking for lighter weight, smaller ways to transport stuff to class.  And I won't have to unpack a thing when I want to use this at home.



I'm almost afraid to look at anything else around here as it might just get turned into denim.  LOL!!!  I could recover the kitchen chairs, the keyboard bench, the patio furniture out back?  I do need a new sewing machine cover!  I'm pondering a design for a leather and denim journal cover as my sis and I have been working with leather the last couple of days.  

What would you re-make in denim???

No comments: