Tuesday, August 21, 2012

When we moved mom, my sister took the pocket from her front door at The Village and put it on her bedroom door in her house.  So I had to make a new LO for her door.



There was a free crop at the local scrapbook store this weekend and I decided to pop in there Sunday afternoon and just "play".  Lovely ladies.  So sweet!  I found the papers and the "cut work" dressforms and roses in the store.  These are very metallic - but don't show up in the photos.  3 layers, each layer a little differently cut and you stack them up, so lots of dimension to this page.


My friend, Kathy, gave me the bird bath, birds and bird cages, lace and bling.  I decided to try and incorporate them all into the page.


You have to look close to see that the lace holding up the bird cage is wrapped around the end of the hand-cut corner embellishment.  I wanted mom to have lots to look at and feel.


I even hand cut some self coloring paper into the shape of a dressform.  Another product I picked up at the local store.


I'd say this is breaking all the scrapbook rules and more like making a 12x12 sized card.  Quite fun.  Mostly just cut paper around an existing printed design to make the corners and borders.  OH, lots of stickles on the roses and other embellishments make the page just "pop" in real life.

Thanks to Design U'r Memories for a fun crop day!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely adore what you did. Not a card, though. I think it looks like a miniature version of a fine window display at Macy's in New York City. Delightful and so dimensional, for sure. Your mom better hold tight to this one or it might disappear. LOL. All of the 3-D embellishments work great, my friend.