Friday, February 24, 2012

I had a paper lantern.....

that had to come out of the new library room and I didn't know what to do with it.  I made it years ago and while it's starting to get fragile, it's still a great conversation piece



There's an opening at the top of the stairs that looks down into the family room.  A very safe place to hang my lantern.  And then I painted a lamp post on the wall.  Notice how I designed the top right to look like the hanger that comes out from the wall?  It turned out great.


You might not be able to tell, but the lamp post is metallic copper, the vines are stickles glitter and the bird is 3D metal:


The pole goes from ceiling to floor and sort of makes guest go "Wow" when they walk upstairs!


You can click on the photo to make it larger.  For $4.99 at the local thrift store I found this candle holder that just seemed perfect for the base of my lamp post.


Someone who saw everything I've done to the house said that I need to write a book titled "How'd you find that!!!"  as I seem to do a pretty good job at thrift stores around the area.  I'm actually working on a genealogy presentation by the same name....but it's about finding people in your family tree!!

Tomorrow I hope to share photos of my new studio.  I'm still painting/repairing windows in the MBR, but the decorative painting in the house is done.....for the moment!!!  Art on the Walls - gotta love it!!!

No comments: