Thursday, August 4, 2011

It's so easy to get addicted

to Peg's Polymer Play Days!  LOL!!!  We had one last week when Colleen was here - I'm just quite lazy about blogging these days. But I couldn't resist sharing her fabulous technique for making these San Diego look-alike flowers.

Now, you must know that Peg and I both lived in Chula Vista on the south side of San Diego.  I swear that about 1988, I took my son to her music store to buy something for band.  I have a feeling we met in "that life".  But the fun is that we are now both in Colorado and both playing hard in "this life".  :o)

click to enlarge them.  I made this first star, it's about 2 1/2" across.


Peg made this one.
 Colleen decided to marble the background and make calli lillies


Isn't this one gorgeous?  It's another of Colleen's



Colleen's - like the black background



Peg did this cross

and the earrings


I did an olive branch.  Those olives must be 1/2mm in diameter!


Gotta love the layered flowers



Got this one full up!


I don't know if I like full or sparse the best.  Maybe just the variety of it all


So here they are all together.  Not too bad for a "productive" play day, huh?


If you live in the area and want to play with Peg, look for her every Tuesday at the Bead Lounge in Longmont.....or check out her Saturday classes up there.  I'm so blessed to have her as a friend!



Be sure to check out these links:
My Etsy Store
My ebay auctions

2 comments:

Shoshi said...

Jen, these are simply gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the fruits of your lovely course. I must say I do particularly like your efforts - the olive branch is just so lovely, and the Magen David you have decorated in the most imaginative way. What fun you must have had!

Shelly N. said...

I wanna come play with you and Peg and Coleen in the clay. Maybe in Sept. After dh is all healed and I have my four current ongoing surveys done.