Monday, July 25, 2011

Woke up with a feeling

That I needed to create something today.  So I sat down to alter another little dressform.  I didn't take a pre-photo, but it's from Hobby Lobby - black with a black & white polka dot covering.  Just don't like it.  So I ripped it apart.  Fortunately, the body was made of styrofoam....what fun!

For this form, I recreated the original covering with quiana covered with toole.  Can you even buy quiana anymore?  OK, who would want it?  Other than the fact that it was wonderfully cheap wedding fabric in the 70s.


The skirt is from a baby's christening dress.  Modern - obviously.


Found it at a thrift store for $1.49.  Couldn't resist because of all the wonderful satin roses on the lace trim.  Truly gorgeous and worth more than the price I paid for it!





 And here it is with the last one I made (in the middle) and on the right is a metal form from Hobby Lobby that I sprayed white.



Now, don't you think this is a clever way to display jewelry?  I have the next one already painted white.  Just need to find some more baby christening gowns to alter.  So much fun!!!

Be sure to check out these links:
My Etsy Store
My ebay auctions - I'm now a Power Seller!!!

2 comments:

Margie Higuchi said...

Just beautiful! LOVE how they turned out :) Hope all is well with you! xo

Cindy Cade said...

So sweet. Bridal designers should make these to match the bride's actual dresses. What a wonderful heirloom they would make!