Friday, September 24, 2010

Assemblage

Assemblage is the artistic process in which a 3-dimensional artistic composition is made from putting together found objects.

or

a collection of persons or things, as in a gathering

or

the act of assembling: the state of being assembled

I love assembling charms to make something wonderfully fun to wear. Sometimes, it's just something so simple, like taking apart a single earring that belonged to Grandma Myrtle and putting it on a chain (it's a mustard seed):


or slipping a chain through the eye of a charm - anyone can do that!

Don't say to me "I'm not artistic" because I can fix that in 2 seconds flat! LOL!!!

But some days, I like to go for the more complex, like soldering sterling silver chams to a chain. Yes, Ellen, this is the chain I JUST bought! (gasp!!!) No, I'm not afraid to alter something that's brand new! Plain chain? Not for me!!!

And this is another brand new necklace, actually 2 necklaces and a set of earrings that I merged together into one fabulous piece. Hearts and stars because I love the Star of David. My favorite so far today - I don't see how I can top this!

Judaica jewelry. Again, I'm not Jewish. But I do love the Star of David and I'm off to Israel in less than 3 weeks, so I'm making pretty little things to wear!

And now I've realized that I need to make some things to give away. I had a goal to get the garage back into order by tomorrow. I think I'll miss that goal - it's so much more fun to play!


No comments: