Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Watercolor distress ink and copper - fun stuff!

I'm up in Eagle visiting with 2 of my sisters for about 5 days. It's always a time to play and experiment! So, this last weekend, we were watercolor painting....on watercolor paper. And then Colleen wanted me to show her neighbor how to watercolor paint on copper (I've shown that earlier on my blog). But then we decided to combine the copper with stamps, ink and paper....and I like our results!

So, first, wet the watercolor card with clear water. Then take a sponge foam rectangle and ink it with broken china. Stipple the ink onto the edges. Take a brush and more water and "paint" the ink into the center of the card. Pretty cool!

Here's the same thing with Vintage Photo ink. Quick. I like quick cards!

Here's a close up of the copper. The fun thing is that you will never get the same look twice. The frustrating thing is that you will never get the same look twice! Use stazon ink to stamp on the copper.

And I couldn't end our play session without showing how you can "paint" by using heat on the copper. This one - I may just have to frame!

The 4 of us Moore girls grew up playing together. But I think playing with my sisters these days is more fun that it ever was!!!

No comments: