Sunday, November 2, 2008

Motivation

I find it so interesting the things that motivate me to do things. If I see a new line of paper that is green, orange or yellow, I just say "yuck" and walk away (well, most of the time!) But if it's turquoise, blue, copper, brown.....I'm buying every piece in the line and running home to create something with it.

A little over a year ago, I was motivated by the Artful Blogger magazine to set up a blog and write something every single day.

And our cruise has motivated me to set a new goal. I love everything about this photo of Kerry and I......



except that we are both overweight. And we cruised with the skinny girls!



so I'm motivated to take the weight off after 25 years of carrying it around. I don't know if I can do it, but I am going to try. And Kerry has agreed to do it with me. Today is the end of day 4 on Weight Watchers. We're doing the flex plan online and modifying it with 2 criteria. No desserts. No soda.

It's one day at a time here. OK, one meal at a time. No more eating out. I'm back to cooking for us. But I have 2 factors that are motivating me. First, we need to do this because he has diabetes. Second, we are talking about a cruise around Hawaii next fall - and I want to be one of the skinny sisters on that trip!



I'm going to tack that photo of the ship on my refrigerator! Motivation. A reason for doing something. Three rewards. My health. His health. A Hawaiian cruise!

Anyone want to join me?

No comments: