Thursday, November 6, 2008

Alcohol ink - outside the box - part 2

Continuing the tutorial on alcohol inks.....you can stamp on them:


or like this:


Run them through a cuttlebug folder and add some stickles glitter:


Highlight the embossed detail of a cuttlebug folder with black ink and then white pen work:


Or use white pen without the black ink pad:



Use a gold pen to highlight specific parts like 2, 4, 6, 8......and you know this one is going to get turned into a card that says "who do we appreciate?"


OK, that's just a few more ideas to play with.  Come back tomorrow for even more.  Isn't it amazing what you can do just layering a few products?  And here's another tip, try blowing on the alcohol inks as you apply it.  Will give you a totally different look!  First time I did that, Kerry came running into the room to see what all the huffing and puffing was all about!  He has since learned to just ignore most of the sounds coming from my studio!  LOL!

2 comments:

AmyS said...

These are wonderful tutorials! I found your blog by way of the All Things Tim Yahoo group, but now you're in my Favorites. I have a lot to learn, and I think you'll be a terrific teacher.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

You are SUCH an artist. I love this. It was well worth the huffing and puffing for this gorgeousness! :O)