Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Turning diecuts into epoxy stickers

You know I love Spellbinders dies - but I do think perhaps the seashells are my favorite die. Just look at the detail!



And 5 big shells! But oh, just so plain, even though they emboss which is much better than just a flat diecut.



I cut these in white core paper. Sanded. Added some Pine Needles Distress Ink and some Vintage Photo, then covered with Glsossy Accents and let air dry. What a difference!!!



Even more difference in the starfish and I did not use the Vintage Photo on this one.



Totally love the look of the sand dollar. Just run it through the xyron - and it's a sticker!



This shell also makes a great hinge.



So, then I got to thinking - why not "embellish" my flat dies? This is Quickutz palm tree. It's a custom die and only available at Archivers. Who knew? I tried to get it in San Diego - can't be had!



The very same die sanded, inked, and accented. Wow! I could live with this one!!!



In case you want to see the details in the leaf:



I used Glossy Accents to define the trunk and create "grass"



Now, just to help your eye see the difference, here's the set as they come out of the dies:



And here they are embellished the "JLo way"!!! Now do tell, which set do you prefer???



So then I decided to see what happens when I applied the same process to Spellbinders palm tree. Hands down, I like the one on the left the best!



I guess I just prefer color!



Now stay tuned! I think you are going to flip tomorrow when you see the next step to this process!!! I know! I just can't put it all in the same blog - way too many photos!!!

No comments: