Saturday, June 14, 2008

Thirty Years Later....

In 1977, I transferred to work at the Social Security office in Greeley. Colorado. And that's where I met Janis, Judy and a year later, Joyce. We soon became known as the "Four Js" and were quite the fun-makers in the office! Well, we also caused a little ruckus as well! LOL!



That's Joyce on the left, then Judy and I'm on the right. Oh my goodness! Just look at that mess of hair! oversized rose-colored glasses and shoulder pads! Perfect 1978 photo!!! I think all 3 of us were going for the Farah Fawcett look!

And here we are yesterday, Judy, Joyce and me. Oh my....I almost think we look better now!



It's so hard to imagine that 30 years have flown by. Of course, I couldn't find one of Janis back then, but here she is on the left with the rest of us:



We sat there for 3 hours (or was it 4?) just laughing so hard I could barely talk. I told them a friend of mine had said the key to a good photo is to tilt your head:



Of course, they all tilted to their right.....



and then to their left......such nuts!



I loved this one of Janis and Judy...no tilting necessary!



Since 1980, Judy and I have moved to California and back to Colorado and Joyce has moved to Hawaii and back and now she is moving to Florida in 2 weeks. There is an 11 year span in our ages, but we have remained friends all these years. All 3 of them are Grandmas now. We raised our kids together in the 70s and 80s. Janis and Joyce are breast cancer survivors. All 3 of them are my inspiration, my rock, part of my soul, part of who I am today. They continue to inspire me in so many ways. Most of all, they "know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day". 2 Tim 1:12

How wonderful to have lifetime friends who have had such faith - with me for so much of my life. Without these 3, I would not be me.

So, of course, Judy, Janis and I will continue to meet for lunch and Joyce will join us by phone. I'm going to do my best to be in Florida next May as Kerry will be there on business.

It is 3347 miles from Denver to Hawaii and only 1834 miles from here to Florida. I just don't think distance is ever going to change this 30 year friendship!

No comments: